Standing Programs Committee
USGBC-Illinois is currently seeking volunteers to assist in the planning and implementation of our public educational programs. Serving on the Standing Programs Committee (SPC) provides an opportunity to engage with leading thinkers on sustainable design and drive the conversation in Illinois’ green building community.
Standing Programs Committee members work with USGBC-Illinois staff to determine event topics and speakers that support our mission and initiatives. Committee members will collaborate throughout the year, but each member is responsible for leading the development of at least one program in 2016/2017.
• Proposing topics
• Identifying and coordinating speakers
• Assisting with “day-of” event details
• Attending the kick-off meeting (July 14 at 4:00 PM in the Merchandise Mart) and
• Participate in monthly coordination calls and in-person meetings
The time commitment will be greatest in a month when you are planning or facilitating a specific event. We estimate the overall time commitment to be approximately two to five hours per month. USGBC-Illinois staff will provide administrative support.
Applicants must be current USGBC-Illinois members and have significant sustainable design and construction experience. Preference will be given to those who have substantial contacts in the industry. Successful applicants will be offered a year-long position with a renewable term. Committee members are listed on the USGBC-Illinois website and eligible for our annual Volunteer Awards.
- Clare Ardizzone, Interior Designer
- Matt Baker, Sustainable Chicago
- Jessie Craigie, DIRTT
- Dan Docel, BuildingIQ Inc.
- Kathryn Eggers, Goby
- Susan Helmer Pearson, Merritt Connect, Inc.
- Jonathan Meyer, bKL Architects
- Mihir Parikh, CB&I
- Stephenie Presseller, Moraine Valley Community College
- Elena Savona, Elevate Energy
- Josh Schubert, Goby
- Rael Slutsky, Architect
- Mike Stopka, MIST Environment
- Cyndi Verenski, Target
- Sarah Wood, RATIO Architects
Applications to join the committee will open again in April 2017. Interested applicants can email or call Katie Kaluzny at 312-245-8300 x203.