USGBC, GBCI & LEED Resources
National USGBC and GBCI Resources
USGBC advocates transforming the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated through its many programs and initiatives.
- LEED – The LEED rating system is the most recognized international standard for green buildings.
- USGBC Advocacy – lists various green building policies and campaigns that the USGGC advocates.
- Center for Green Schools – Launched in 2010, the Center accelerates the transformation of schools and campuses.
- USGBC Students – recruits, connects and equips the next generation of green building leaders by empowering them to transform their campuses, communities and careers.
- Green Home Guide – includes resources on what makes a home green, green home programs, living green, REGREEN remodeling guidelines, and news and events.
- USGBC Directory – see the many organizations, people and projects that make up the USGBC community.
- USGBC Resources – for resources ranging from reference guides to case studies and reports.
- Green Building Information Gateway (GBIG) – GBIG is the premier search engine for green building data, providing insights that enable better buildings and communities.
- GBIG Illinois Chapter – green building information and data of the Illinois Chapter of USGBC.
- Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) – a third-party organization that provides independent oversight of professional credentialing and project certification programs related to green building.
- LEED For Homes Certified Projects – Directory of LEED certified homes.
What is LEED®?
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating SystemTM encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through the creation and implementation of universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria.
LEED Rating Systems
Rating systems are groups of requirements for projects that want to achieve LEED certification. Each group is geared towards the unique needs of a project or building type.
LEED Professional Credentials
A LEED Professional Credential signifies that you are a leader in the field and an active participant in the green building movement who contributes expertise to the design, construction, operations and maintenance of buildings and neighborhoods that save energy, use fewer resources, reduce pollution, and contribute to healthier environments for their occupants and the community.