Why join the USGBC-Illinois Chapter?
Your membership will demonstrate your passion and commitment to buildings and communities that give people better, brighter, healthier spaces to live, work and play.
- Gain exposure to thousands of green building professionals across Illinois.
- Align with the only non-profit in Illinois focused solely on advancing green building and sustainable communities.
- Gain and maintain relevant knowledge and experience in a rapidly emerging and evolving field.
- Have fun while meeting like-minded peers.
- Make an impact on our region through support and contribution to the Strategic Initiatives.
Members receive discounts to Chapter programs and events, listing in the Chapter’s online Member Directory, and access to the Chapter’s online member community. Below is a more detailed list of benefits:
- Discounted registration for all chapter functions including: educational sessions, workshops, networking events, and programs
- Listing in Chapter’s online searchable Member Directory – Each individual Chapter member is displayed online in the searchable, publicly accessible USGBC – Illinois Chapter member directory. Members can be searched by a wide variety of criteria.
- Ability to serve on Chapter Committees – As a member-driven organization, the Illinois Chapter relies on its Committees to plan and implement programs to serve Illinois’ green building community.
- Eligibility to run for a Chapter Committee leadership position
- Eligibility to serve on Chapter Board – Chapter board members help guide the Chapter’s strategic direction.
- Ability to participate in Chapter elections – Chapter members are invited to vote in elections for the Chapter’s board of directors and by-laws change proposals.
- Opportunity to represent the Chapter at speaking engagements and trade show booths
- Green Group Savings Program
USGBC – Illinois Member Testimonies
- “I enjoy supporting things that I believe in, and I believe in the USGBC-Illinois; therefore, I am a member. It’s not hard to become a believer when the USGBC-Illinois staff are amazing people, keenly adept at making me (and others) feel like my membership and activity with the Chapter actually does make a positive impact on my community. Overall, I want to support efforts that embrace living peacefully in the built environment while caring for the natural environment; seek to educate others about the benefits of a sustainable lifestyle and the green economy; and bring together like-minded people to build mutual relationships and networks that work toward the common good of our community. And that’s just what I get to do as an active member of the USGBC-Illinois Chapter and more closely, the South Suburban Branch.” – Stephenie Presseller, Sustainability Manager, Moraine Valley Community College
- “I’m a member of the USGBC because they are one of the very few organizations out there that live up to their mission while aggregating a positive value to the environment.” – Andrea Vollf, LEED AP ID+C, Principal, VK Sustainable Concepts
- “Membership with the USGBC – Illinois Chapter has influenced the quality of professional services which I have provided clients. It has given me access to educational opportunities through seminars and conferences which have impacted my sensitivity to environmental design as it has related to the design of buildings. It has also given me the opportunity to share my expertise with others.” – Bruce Dahlquist, DLA Architects Ltd.
- “My membership with USGBC – Illinois has allowed me to more fully and tangibly join the sustainability movement in Chicago – to really dive in and get active! Through USGBC Illinois I’ve been able to contribute to local and statewide issues that are important to me both personally and professionally and to meet some amazing people. It’s been a welcoming and beneficial network that I’ve been proud to be a part of for more than three years.” – Jamie Peters, Program Manager, Energy Savvy