Why join USGBC-Illinois Chapter
Membership with USGBC – Illinois Chapter supports our mission of advancing buildings and communities that are sustainable, prosperous and healthy. We achieve this through education, advocacy, and collaboration.
Join a network of nearly 1,400 green building professionals throughout the state and beyond. Our members represent every industry in the green building community – architects, product manufacturers, contractors, educators, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, legal professionals, property managers, and more. Chapter membership offers opportunities for local involvement, networking, and educational events. Members are the driving force behind all of the Chapter's work. By participating in committees and branches, members develop programs and events for various segments of the region's green building community and assist the Chapter in operational functions that help us achieve our goals – from planning educational programming and networking events, to advocacy efforts in Springfield, to greening existing schools and homes.
Promote Chapter Membership – 2012 Membership Campaign
Members receive discounts to Chapter programs and events, listing in the Chapter's online Member Directory, and access to the Chapter's online member community. Below is a more detailed list of benefits:
- Discounted registration for all chapter functions including: educational sessions, workshops, networking events, and programs
- Listing in Chapter's online searchable Member Directory – Each individual Chapter member is displayed online in the searchable, publicly accessible USGBC – Illinois Chapter member directory. Members can be searched by a wide variety of criteria.
- Access to Chapter's online Member-Only forum
- Access to job posting/job seeker section on web site
- Ability to serve on Chapter Committees and Branches – As a member-driven organization, the Illinois Chapter relies on its Committees and Branches to plan and implement programs to serve Illinois' green building community.
- Eligibility to run for a Chapter leadership position within a Chapter Committee or Branch
- Eligibility to serve on Chapter Board – Chapter board members help guide the Chapter's strategic direction.
- Ability to participate in Chapter elections – Chapter members are invited to vote in elections for the Chapter's board of directors, Branch leaders, and by-laws change proposals.
- Opportunity to represent the Chapter at speaking engagements and trade show booths
- Quarterly membership e-mail – This member-only e-mail shares information about new Chapter member benefits, helpful tips to help you get the most out of your membership, and important member announcements.
- Affinity Program discounts