Current Member FAQs
Why am I receiving membership renewal reminders/requests to join the Chapter? My Individual Membership is current.
If you believe you are a current Chapter member but have received an email notifying you of a lapsed membership or asking you to join, you may have two different email addresses in our system. Login to update your email address.
How can I update the information reflected in my Chapter member profile?
Changes to member profiles on the USGBC web site will not be reflected in your Illinois Chapter membership.
- Click the http://admin.usgbc-illinois.org link on the page
- Log-in by entering your e-mail address and password in the upper right corner of the page. If your password does not work or you have forgotten it, click the Forgot password link next to the Login button and follow those prompts. If prompted to login as an administrator or member, select member.
- Once signed in, click the View profile link under your name in the upper right corner
- Click the Privacy link
- Click the Edit profile button
- You have the ability to remove yourself from the directory, edit who can see your information in the directory, edit who can send you messages from the directory, make additional information such as e-mail address and phone number visible, and hide information such as company or name
- Update the necessary information and click the Save button at the bottom of the page
- On this page, you also have the ability to change your password, update the information in your member profile, and edit your event-specific e-mail subscriptions
As an Illinois Chapter member, do I receive discounted pricing on LEED Reference Guides, LEED AP exam registration or Workshops/Technical Reviews?
Discounted pricing on those items are only available to National USGBC members.
My company is already a member.
To clarify, USGBC-Illinois Chapter offers individual membership rather than Company Memberships. USGBC National Membership is for companies, not individuals. Your company could be a Chapter Sponsor, which would entitle them to a certain number of complimentary Chapter memberships. Learn more about Chapter Sponsorship.
How can I learn more about membership with National USGBC?
National USGBC membership is for companies or organizations, not individuals. For additional information, visit the USGBC Membership section of this web site.
For any additional questions about membership with USGBC – Illinois Chapter or USGBC, please contact Joan Martin, Manager of Membership and Outreach (312-245-8300 x205).