Chelsea Group, Ltd.
|Mailing Address:||709 Bayberry Drive, Bartlett, IL 60103|
|Primary Contact Name:||Terry Gorski|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Which most closely describes your business?||Professional Services|
|Indicate professional licensing of key staff, where applicable:||Illinois Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM)|
|Indicate key markets for your organization:||Commercial Office, Healthcare, High Rise, Multi-family Residential|
|Please list core areas of company expertise:||Chelsea Group provides building science consulting and related technology to its clients across the United States. Specific service offerings include the following:
Sustainability Program Implementation
• ENERGY STAR and LEED Certifications
• Capital program implementation
• Performance tracking and continuous commissioning
Energy Efficiency Programs
• Assessment, ASHRAE energy audits, and benchmarking
• Design of recommended improvements
• Construction oversight of capital projects
• Commissioning and retrocommissioning of projects and equipment
Sustainability Master Planning
• Screening and benchmarking
• Site assessment
• Portfolio plan design
|Please list relevant experience providing energy services in the Chicago metro area:||Chelsea Group has provided ENERGY STAR data verification and energy audit services to many buildings in the Chicago metropolitan area and across the country. Chelsea Group provides a systematic approach to reducing the energy use in existing buildings, progressing from assessment through audits to design, project management, commissioning and continuous commissioning. Clients select the role they need from Chelsea Group to fit their plans and resources. Projects range from “heavy iron” central plant projects to air handler upgrades, BAS/EMS controls and energy dashboards, lighting projects, garage ventilation, building and area air balance, envelope improvements, and on-site solar. Additionally, Chelsea Group offers assistance in obtaining rebates and financing for energy management efforts.|
|Please describe your experience that qualifies you to conduct benchmarking and data verification services, including specific training on use of Portfolio Manager, ASHRAE Level I, II or III audits (or similar):||"Chelsea Group’s Sustainability Master Planning (SMP) includes benchmarking of building performance using criteria established by ENERGY STAR and LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance. Since 2007, over 500 buildings comprising more than 150 million square feet have moved through parts or all of this program with Chelsea Group. Over 20 ownership and management groups have selected this process for their portfolios.
In the first step, each property is reviewed based on utility data analysis and self-evaluation against basic LEED prerequisite requirements. Gap analysis is then performed to define and quantify current condition and actions required to meet LEED EBOM requirements at various levels of Certification. Detailed assessments incorporate these elements and add an on-site sustainability review, an ASHRAE Level 1 energy audit identifying both low-cost/no-cost measures as well as potential capital improvements, and an initial IAQ review. The final report of the detailed assessment is a Sustainability Management Report (SMR) that provides all assessment results and compiles a complete benchmarking against performance standards. Recommended actions are summarized in a “Sustainability Roadmap” that includes a 10-year Capital Expenditure (CapEx) plan to achieve financially recommended sustainability goals. Where appropriate, portfolio summaries are provided to guide multi-property investment strategies.
Chelsea Group clients use the portfolio level planning and individual building Sustainability Roadmaps in a variety of ways to prioritize their investments in sustainability. A significant number of clients pursue various low-cost/no-cost measures and capital measures to reduce energy, water, and solid waste disposal use and cost. Chelsea Group provides design, project management, retrocommissioning, ASHRAE Level I, II, and III audits, assistance with LEED certification, ASHRAE 62.1 Ventilation Conformance Studies, and monitoring and tracking performance for recertification.
Chelsea Group personnel regularly present at and attend training sessions, webinars, and conferences through corporate affiliations with the following organizations:
• American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineering (ASHRAE), individual members
• US Green Building Council (USGBC), corporate member, plus individual memberships
• National Institute of Building Science (NIBS), corporate member
• International Facility Managers Association (IFMA), corporate member
• Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA), corporate member
• Building Owners & Managers Association (BOMA), chapter members in Suburban Chicago, Phoenix, and Honolulu
• National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), chapter members in Honolulu
• National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT), corporate member"
|Provide a brief summary of your experience providing building improvements to enhance energy performance:||"Chelsea Group has a long track record in comprehensive energy management projects including the design and replacement of HVAC systems for commercial real estate, universities, and healthcare facilities across the United States. Energy performance enhancement projects include the following:
• Multi-year energy and sustainability technical consulting, design, and project management for a 362,000 square foot commercial office building that included improvements to the automation system, air handling VFDs, building envelope tightening, and chiller studies that improved their ENERGY STAR rating from 79 in 2003 to a current rating of 97.
• Central plant optimization program consisting of $289,000 in equipment and services at a large medical center including the design of a permanent metering and monitoring program, and design of a custom dashboard for integrated data reporting. Anticipated savings currently tracking to 1 million kWh per year.
• Energy efficiency technical consulting, design, project management and continuous commissioning for a three-building portfolio totaling 1.2 million square feet including central plant replacement, major renovations to air handling systems and BAS replacement.
• Central plant optimization program consisting of $180,000 in equipment and services for a 293,000 square foot commercial office building, which includes a major lighting retrofit.
• Fundamental commissioning of a new chiller plant at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
• Replacement of pneumatic thermostats with hybrid digital-pneumatic thermostats in a 340,000 square foot commercial office high rise building resulting in 14% annual energy use reduction, a total of 777,648 kWh. Utility rebates plus savings produced a payback of 1.6 years. Improved the 2009 ENERGY STAR rating of 87 to current rating of 94.
• Air handler modifications and retrocommissioning of a 1 million square foot commercial office high rise building including data centers and two floors of retail space."
|If requested, how many references can you provide?||More than 3|